TaiG team, the group of Chinese hackers, released the TaiG jailbreak tool for iOS 8.3 – iOS 8.1.3 as TaiG 2.0 However, Taig 2.0 Jailbreak Cydia Substrate wasn’t compatible with iOS 8.3, most of the jailbreak apps and tweaks were not working. So TaiG8 has just released Taig v2.1.2 update, a new version of their jailbreak tool, that addresses the issue with the Cydia Substrate, and several other bug fixes on iOS 8.3 Jailbreak.
Since the Cydia Substrate was developed by Jay Freeman aka saurik, we had assumed that he will release the update. But ‘saurik’ had later clarified that TaiG8 will need to update the jailbreak kernel patch to fix the issue with Cydia Substrate.
If you had problems jailbreaking your device with TaiG 2.0.0, then you can try jailbreaking your iPhone or iPad again using TaiG 2.1.2 jailbreak.
Here’s the complete TaiG 2.1.2 Jailbreak change log
- Fixes problems of getting stuck at 20% and 60%, and adaptate for latest iTunes.
- Compatible with Cydia Substrate(Mobile Substrate).
- Corrects the blank Settings problem while matching Apple Watch with iDevice.
- Fix issues of UI-cache.
How to Jailbreak iOS 8.3 – iOS 8.1.3 using Taig Jailbreak 2.1.2 – Step by Step
- Download TaiG 2.1.2 Jailbreak tool
- Connect your iOS 8.3 device to your computer
- Launch TaiG Jailbreak 2.1.2 update
- Uncheck the 3K assistant check box for stop installing Chinese AppStore
- Click Start to begin the iOS 8.3 jailbreak process
- Launch Cydia to start the Cydia initialization process. Congratulations!, Now you’re jailbroken on iOS 8.3 with fully working Cydia Substrate
Note: The TaiG 8.1.3-iOS 8.x Untether package is now available on Cydia, that will allow users who have jailbroken their devices with TaiG 2.0.0 jailbreak tool to manually upgrade TaiG jailbreak 2.1.2 and fix Cydia Substrate issue on iOS 8.3, so you don’t have to re-jailbreak your device (Click here to watch how to upgrade Taig v2.1.2 on your already jailbroken device)